LiveCode Personal Banner

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Sat Nov 13 11:14:22 EST 2010

Even though I can understand splash screens feel annoying, I can not see this as a surprise, as this is clearly stated on the runrev.com homepage:

"Applications created with this license will include a splash screen or watermark. The Server Deployment Pack comes with a limit on the number of connections with this license type."

http://runrev.com/products/livecode/license-types-overview

As that edition is much cheaper than previous studio licenses I can understand RRs decision in adding this. I don´t know about Director nowadays, but when I had to decide if it is RR or Director back in the day, each Projector built displayed a "Made with Macromedia" dialogue that could not be dismissed.

It is worth noting, that the commercial packs do not have this Banner.

Just my 2 € cents worth.

Cheers,

Malte