Listing available MYSQL databases

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat May 29 09:36:26 EDT 2010

Actually, it's even easier than that:

put "/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u username -p password --execute='show
databases'" into tCmd
put shell(tCmd)

The only minor downside is to get the TRUE list, you need to clean up the
result a bit (the first line just says "Database" and the last line is
empty). So you can simply do this in one statement (indented here for
clarity):

put line 2 to -1 of shell("/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u username -p
  password --execute='show databases'") into tDBList

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/