Detecting which column was clicked in a Table field

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Thu May 27 09:25:48 EDT 2010

I found that the best way to get a column number is to use item 1 of
the clickloc, subtract the left of the field to get the relative x-
value for the click in the field (you may have to also correct for the
borderwidth of the field)), then compare with the tabstops. This
always gives the accurate column number no matter whether you click on
white space or text.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com