How to deal with unplug from the LAN

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed May 26 19:52:51 EDT 2010

Hmmm ... looks like you may have a problem with copy/paste in creating
this email. in "connectionStatus" the first if ...then...else cluae will
*always* cause a return, so the check for Airport never gets used. I
suspect the original code did the Airport check first, then the Ethernet
one - that would have been OK.

In general, can there not be more than one ethernet interface installed
- so why not check if *any* interface of the form"enx" ihas status active.

e.g. (typed direct into email - beware typos) ...

set the itemdel to ":"
repeat for each line L in tStatus
   if char 1 to 2 of L = "en" & char 3 to -1 of (item 1 of L) is a
number then
   put lineOffset (L,tStatus) into tTarget
   put line ((lineOffset ("Status:",tStatus,tTarget))+tTarget) of
tStatus into tENstatus
    if (item -1 of tENstatus) = " active" then
       return "true"
    end if
end repeat
return 'false'