mySQL & RevEnterprise: queries not returning expected values

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at googlemail.com
Sun May 23 09:12:26 EDT 2010

Hi

I am attempting to teach myself the rudiments of using mySQL databases
on on-rev. To this end I have created and populated a simple single
table database of six fields - a catalogue of DVD titles.

I am coming across problems when I attempt to search of my CERTIFICATE
field which is VARCHAR of length 3. This contains any one of NC, U,
PG, 12, 12A, 15 and 18. and my GENRE field which contains words such
as comedy, action, adventure etc separated by commas

This query for certificate 12 returns a list of DVDs

   put revDataFromQuery(tab, return, tDBID, "SELECT
uniqid,title,format,duration,certificate,genre FROM mainTable  WHERE
certificate LIKE 12 ORDER BY title") into tData

However replacing 12 with U (or PG 12A etc) does not - it gives a
revDBerr, Unknown column 'U' in 'where clause' - and a similar
response when searching the GENRE field.

It seems to work only for numeric values in REV - performing the same
searches in myPGPAdmin everything works fine.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

--
Regards

Ian McKnight