howto export a styled formated field to text file

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Sun May 23 04:17:35 EDT 2010

On May 23, 2010, at 9:37 AM, Pierre Sahores wrote:
> I'm building some sort of html editor. The htmltext function is very usefull to output styled formated fields as HTML but my next need is to be able to store the text styled formated field (before its conversion to HTMLText) for future possible modification of the source text without having to rebuild all its styled attributes (font, height, color, etc...) each time i reload it to the field out of a text or database backup ?

I know that you do a lot of server work, so I'll base my answer on that.

I have a CGI Rev app and I store web page html and other bits of text/html as user properties. When my CGI app receives data, I splice what I want into these templates and place new bits into the web page for display.

For example, one is a signup info page, that sends names-email add-telephone etc and then that data gets added into a protected web page.

HTH

sims