HyperCard for the iPad

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Thu May 20 19:24:31 EDT 2010

Ian,

Not surprisingly, I happen to agree with you. I would go so far as to say Rodeo is what people like the original HyperCard team would have done today.

Thanks to the kick starters and a modest upsurge in tRev purchases, we have made enough progress on Rodeo to get something in people's hand sooner than we originally thought.

We now have a desktop app for the Mac that formats our new LIST code, and sends it to the Rodeo server where it's quickly made into simple (for now) web pages that look great on the iPad. The Mac editor also has a nice preview pane so you can see the fruits of your labor as you code.

And don't forget, you can edit your code on the iPad as well as on your Mac. At this point, the iPad is much better suited for tweaking Rodeo apps. I have to say that the LIST scripts are super simple to write, as the iPad target has narrowed the task at hand.

We're having fun with this.

As exciting as the technology is, I'm even more excited by the career value this will have for thousands of educators, custom developers and even small teams or classes of developers. We are headed for simple, mobile cloud-based development AND deployment for the rest of us.

Since the Rodeo team is situated on opposite sides of the globe, we're building in development/test environments and code check-in/out from the get-go. Lone developers, teams and class rooms alike are going to love going to the Rodeo!

Rodeo developers who want to share or distribute their apps are all set with several nice options via the web, email, Twitter and some SMS systems.

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Create iPad web apps with Rodeo:
http://rodeoapps.com