[OT] Speaking of Android, Google, and Owning The World...

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu May 20 17:47:27 EDT 2010

> "Microsoft and Apple have been trying to get into your living
> room for years, with a variety of television-oriented products.
>
> Now Google thinks it can succeed where other computer
> companies have seen only middling success. The company
> announced a new set-top box platform here
> Thursday: Google TV will marry television and the web, so
> users can search and view both TV and web videos with a single click."
>
> <http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/05/google-introduces-google-tv/>
> <http://www.logitech.com/en-us/1005/7099?WT.ac=gtv|7144|nav_home>

My Favorite Quote:

“If Google didn’t act, we face a draconian future. One man, one company, one
device would control our future,” Gundotra told attendees at the conference,
making a clear swipe at Apple — without mentioning Apple by name. “If you
believe in openness and choice, welcome to Android.”

Something else of interest is that there are either just arriving or
forthcoming Android devices that include HDMI. Now what's also interesting
about HDMI is that the forthcoming 1.4 spec also includes support for
ethernet traffic.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing