Cloud computing: scalable DB

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue May 18 12:06:09 EDT 2010

Hi Andre,

> Thanks for dropping in the thread. One thing that I think is
> stopping some rev developers moving to valentina is that
> there's no valentina server for revServer. The FREE Valentina
> server has adaptors only for ruby and php, if we had
> RevServer support or at least a public available protocol to
> talk to valentina server then we could implement support in
> RevServer itself.

You are talking about the RevServer in On-Rev, right? Right now, we have
server-side "Clients" that get installed into the installs of PHP (for
example) that allow PHP on the server to interact in a native way with
Valentina Server (Office and Free). I am not sure if it works the same way
with RevServer or not, or if RevServer allows for third party externals in a
similar way to the desktop variety (or possible to do the server-side client
like we do with PHP).

We've started a conversation a few times with Runrev (just cc'd someone
because I know we've both lost track of the conversation, thanks for
reminding me) but it might be worth pushing that forward a bit now,
especially if RevServer becomes a customer installable product.

The Free Valentina Server is a special licensed beast for academics and
academic institutions. If you are involved with either, its worth checking
out. Its different from the restrictions with MySQL (we think better
overall, but that's my opinion ;-)).

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President