[OT] 3d flip effect?

Robert Mann rman at free.fr
Tue May 18 05:01:16 EDT 2010

I saw a stack recently in revOnline that shows a nice page effect example, I
think it is built with core graphics. CHeck it out.

VisualEffects transitions by Bernd Niggemann

"some of the build in Quicktime and core image transitions of Rev for MacOs
Needs a graphic card > 64 Mb and System 10.4 and above. For the core image
transitions (I like curl which is a turning of a page, looks a bit like
peeling the card off) some horespower is needed.

Actually this shows, how to "fake" a core image effect for a transition. The
core image effects operate on images. I wanted to use it for the card to
card transition. To the rescue comes Revs snapshot. On these snapshots of
the cards work the core image effects when going from card to card.

I made this just to see if it could be done and since it came up on the
forum I just uploaded it here.

Although I think the big times of transitions are gone...."