Rev Menus [was Re: Location of stack]

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Mon May 17 15:36:43 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com>wrote:

> I can think of no solution for adding something to a window in a way that
> doesn't add it to the window.

I can't think of way to eat a burger without eating a burger.

Richard, I usually love your insightful posts... but that statement had me
cocking my head trying to figure out what you meant.  ;-)

In all seriousness, though, this is 100% a solved problem and has been for
*years*. REALbasic doesn't have this problem, and neither do the myriad of
other cross-platform bits of middle-ware and languages.

The real problems here are (a) backwards compatibility (as Jacque noted) and
(b) that Rev insists on emulating a menu bar as a background group of
pull-down buttons instead of using whatever API is native to the OS and just
making a menu bar. ;-)

Jeff M.