Button drop down...

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Sun May 16 14:38:34 EDT 2010

My guess is that you are using the geometry manager in Rev?

The geometry manager isn't that great, sadly, and it's much easier (and
faster/more reliable!) to just do the work yourself. For example, in my card
script I have something like so:

on resizeStack
   updateGeometry
end resizeStack

on updateGeometry
   # re-resize/position all my controls here
end updateGeometry

It might seem like a bit of a hassle, because you have to constantly keep
updating the code, etc. But trust me, once you start down this road, you'll
love it - you can do a lot more and it executes a LOT faster.

However, you may be in a position where you don't have the time to do this.
In that case, you may want to take a look at the function revCacheGeometry.

When you setup a control to use the geometry manager, Rev will "cache" where
that control is supposed to be in relation to what's around it (or however
you have it setup in the geometry manager). Regardless of where you move
that control to, when Rev or you call revUpdateGeometry, the control will go
right back to where it should be.

To get around this, after you move the control, run revCacheGeometry, which
should update the geometry manager's "cache" of where the control should
be.

Hope this helps,

Jeff M.