revigniter - Model-View-Controller in Rev terms?

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Sat May 15 15:13:09 EDT 2010

I'm investigating Ralf's revIgniter framework (fantastic work, by the
way), and start running into my 'narrow' experience of programming...

Model-View-Controller is a programming approach that is new to me.
Separating presentation & data (as in most CMS-driven websites) is
another matter.

A bit of help from Google & Wikipedia & I *think* I've got an idea how
it works, but would like some reassurance/pointers from the list in
translating concepts into what I know (Rev).

MVC in Rev terms would be (roughly):

View is a Stack visible to the user (or audio etc.). Everything is
presented through this to the user.

Controller takes input from the user (mouse-clicks, typing, keystrokes
etc.) and does the major processing? e.g. Rev handlers that handle the
bulk of the logic in an app?

Model would then be equivalent to all the 'utility' handlers and
libraries?

I'm aware that there may not be a one-to-one equivalency here, but is
this along the right lines?

Thanks,

Ian