Will revCGI be made available (not just revServer)?

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Fri May 14 07:43:46 EDT 2010

On 14 May 2010 02:05, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> Lyn Teyla wrote:
>
>  revServer runs as an Apache module, not as CGI.
>>

> I don't believe it's an Apache module.  I'm not exactly sure what it is,
> but when I asked if it was a module per se I was told it was not. That's a
> good thing, IMO, since it would be next to impossible to install it on a
> shared host if it were.

I'd like to know as well - personally I fear ti will be worse than that and
the revServer that you can install will be a complete integrated server that
you will need you own dedicated server for - in which case it would be
impossible to install on a shared host, and worse still pretty unlikely that
existing hosting providers could be talked into installing it (which they
might if it were an Apache module with appropriate security audit /
certification).

I don't know this to be the case - but nothing said so far publicly
indicates anything other than the equivalent of "a company could freely
install it to run their own server". Or does anyone know anything different?