Recording Audio on Windows...?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu May 13 16:48:58 EDT 2010

On May 13, 2010, at 2:28 PM, John Patten wrote:

> Hi All...
>
> I'm attempting to move a small stack, which records audio from a OS X
> computer over to a Windows XP computer.
>
> The OS X stack works fine. When I run it on the Windows XP machine I'm
> getting an error.
>
> I have installed QT on the Windows XP machine and I appear to have all
> my paths correct.
>
> i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\the_domain.theUser\Desktop\recordings
> \nameofRecording
>
> However, when I check the result after giving the record sound file
> command it reports:
>
> "error -220 starting recording"
>
> Does anyone have an idea of what I'm missing?

Not sure what the error means. But audio recordings are generally pretty reliable on XP. I've got a demo stack that I know works on Win XP and Mac OS X. Maybe you could compare it to your own code and see if there are differences. If it doesn't work, there might be a problem with your configuration.

Enter in message box:

go stack URL "http://asay.byu.edu/AudioJukebox.rev"

HTH

Devin