Copying Highlighted Text in a Field

tsj tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Wed May 12 21:59:32 EDT 2010

On 13/05/10 10:44 AM, "Steven Axtell" <saxtell at neb.rr.com> wrote:

> I am wanting to copy highlighted text in a field by right-clicking on the
> field and choosing a menu option from the pop-up menu.  The problem that I run
> into is than when I right-click on the field, the highlighted text become
> unhighlighted and I am not able to copy the field contents.  I have the code
> set up to execute the "copy" command when the menu selection is made-I have no
> issue with that.  How can I prevent the highlighted text from becoming
> unhighlighted when I click on it?

This might be a roundabout approach but it seems to work.

on mouseDown pButton
   put the selectedChunk into tChunk
   do ("set the backgroundColor of "&tChunk&" to the hiliteColor")
   popup btn "contextMenu" at the mouseLoc
   do ("set the backgroundColor of "&tChunk&" to empty")
   do ("select"&&tChunk)
end mouseDown

Terry...