Stuck with Revlets :-(

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed May 12 18:38:15 EDT 2010

Recently, tkuypers at telenet.be wrote:

> I know, but I copied the code from the variant with "file:" in from of it...
> It won't give a problem in a local app, but sadly enough with or without
> doesn't give a result when using it in a revlet :-(

When I run the following from Rev's message box I get XML, so the file is
there, and accessing it from Rev works:
answer url
"http://www.publishingtools4u.com/placemats4free/templates/templates.xml"

My understanding is you only need to use the "file:" and "binfile:" types
when accessing local files. Maybe there's different syntax for file access
in a RevLet.  For sure there's a difference between net access and local
file access.  Perhaps Jacque G or Sarah R knows.  They're knowledgeable
dudes.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director