Thoughts on Kevin's announcement

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 12 09:03:09 EDT 2010

Thomas McGrath wrote:

 > You could of course start developing with RunRev for revServer
 > and then you would get to target all mobile and web devices, as
 > well as Linux.
 >
 > A revServer option would allow for both native and browser based
 > applications. Which, before this past year, was were all of the
 > talk was centered around. Web Apps are still very relevant and
 > will work in a native browser wrapper on most mobile phones directly.

RevServer, and even the existing Rev CGI engine, are great solutions on
the back end.

But what goes in the browser?

It's still HTML, and for interactivity it means learning JavaScript.

That said, JavaScript is fun language, and as the only language natively
handled in every browser it's well worth learning.

 > What we need is a community wide collection of revServer 'objects'
 > 'scripts' for each of the desired targets and target features.

Agreed - and for the browser as well:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2006-June/083955.html>

--
  Richard Gaskin