Check out Jerry's new videos -- REV to ObjC -> iPhone

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun May 9 02:02:36 EDT 2010

On 9/5/10 1:56 AM, "Randall Lee Reetz" <randall at randallreetz.com> wrote:

> That runrev could export C source would in no way interfere with the ongoing
> activity of runrev users (should they choose not to export their stacks into C
> source).
>
> The capacity to output C SOURCE WOULD OPEN THE REACH OF REV USERS TO ALMOST
> ANY PLATFORM AND IN A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL.  CODE COMPILED IN C RUNS WAY WAY WAY
> FASTER IN ALMOST ALL SITUATIONS.  BYTE CODE IS SLOW IN COMPARISON.
> INTERPRETED EVEN MORE SO.  (SORRY ABOUT THE UPPERCASE... MY PHONE IS STUCK).

Hi guys,

I have miss start of this thread about videos,
But it seems here is discussed

    REV to C/C++  or Obj-C

And I want say - YES this looks for me as the best choice for REV.
Why not?

And this can open way to iPhone as I understand.

RevMobile before it seems was going generate c# sources?
Strange choice as for me.

Main engine should go to C,
Some parts of REV project also to C
And GUI part of REV project to ObjC - Cocoa.

In this way you don't break iPhone OS v4 license.

And it is possible to automate in background full process:
    generation of sources, xcode project,
    compile and link true iphone APP.
    all in tmp folder ..
    all by single click BUILD in REV.