PDF import?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Fri May 7 12:40:45 EDT 2010

Hi Peter,

Not really. We are probably doing the things that "other" apps do - we just
don't see it. Similarly, we can't do things like play audio from a variable
- not sure why but it may be that there always has to be some kind of file
to be a buffer for the audio to stream properly without glitches.

You should check out , if you haven't already,   the tempName

it's a prefab unique name provided for this purpose. It's an address that is
deep within libraries and will be automatically purged at some point in the
future.

You can use temporary files to store intermediate data, downloaded URLs, and
other material that is more conveniently placed in a file but does not need
to be saved permanently.
*
**Using the **tempName** function does not create the file, only gets a
suggested file name. Use the open file command to create the file.*
*
**The file name returned by the **tempName** function is one that doesn't
exist, so you can use it safely. If you need to create another file, use
the **tempName** function again to obtain a new file name.*
*
*The location of the temporary files depends on the operating system. Each
operating system provides its own location for temporary files.