PDF import?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri May 7 10:09:17 EDT 2010

Peter Brigham MD wrote:

> I suspect this has been asked and answered before, but is there any
> way to import a PDF file as an image in rev? The import paint command
> doesn't list this as an allowable file type. Please excuse my age-
> related dementia, I seem to recall someone having some way of doing
> this, a library maybe. Or perhaps I'm moving towards the drooling
> stage faster than I thought....

It's not age, just experience.   :)

You're absolutely right, there is one way to display PDFs in Rev and
it's very limited: on OS X only you can display PDFs inside of a player
control.  This does not work on Windows or Linux, and as you can imagine
has a limited UI (you can't select text, for example, and the page is
rendered scaled within the player without scrollbars of its own, so
you'll need to put it in a group of you bother with it at all).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World