How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu May 6 17:15:29 EDT 2010

Tom, see below...

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Thomas McGrath III <mcgrath3 at mac.com> wrote:

> It's getting to be too much, staying out of this freaking rhetoric when the
> comments go down this direction. What with the Hitler references and EVIL
> comments and BLAH BLAH BLAH........

Tom, the Hitler references are part of an ongoing comment regarding the
Godwin point made by someone else. If you don't know what the Godwin point
is then look here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

It's a joke, get it? haha.

> I use a CROSS-PLATFORM tool call RunRev and I think this has gone far
> beyond what I am willing to put up with. We have Macintosh developers and
> Windows developers and Linux developers and soon we are going to have Google
> developers and Maemo developers. We here on this list need to set an example
> of true cross-platform respect towards each others platform of choice.

I have no issues with Macintosh running RunRev. But if they decided to wall
it off like they do with the iPhone or iPad, I would voice my opinion here
as well about it.

> PLEASE STOP USING OUR USE REVOLUTION LIST TO ATTACK AND DEFAME AND AIR YOUR
> PERSONAL VENDETTAS.

You seem to be the one the typing in all caps. The fact is, the 4
SDK license may not be a permanent one, and the more heat placed on Steve
Jobs and Apple over it, the more there is a chance for Apple to change their
mind. It's happened before where they've changed their mind based on outside
pressure-- it can happen again.

> I don't care it you hate Apple. I don't care if you like _______ better. I
> don't care if you don't like Steve Jobs. I don't care if you think it's
> wrong. I don't care what your damn opinions are.
>
> JUST STOP

Tom, it's a user list where we discuss issues relative to RunRev. I've paid
significant dollars and invested time for RevMobile in order to program for
iPad, only to have Steve Jobs retroactively change the license agreement
against cross platform tools for iPhone/iPad. I am sorry you're having such
a tough time with this. Why don't you try not reading comments posted by me
from now on?

Maybe that will help.