Newbie question

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Tue May 4 20:53:56 EDT 2010

On 5/05/10 10:46 AM, "Andre Garzia" <andre at andregarzia.com> wrote:

> I haven't used SC/HC but I do use background groups a lot. I tend to always
> have a bg group named "interface" on my projects that holds the common user
> interface for the app, then using different cards, I just create the
> modified parts, this way, instead of showing/hiding controls as the
> interface changes reacting to the user input, I navigate to different cards.
>

> Typically my interface group consists of navigation stuff so that the user
> can access the other cards and status displays so that I have a uniform way
> of presenting stuff.
>
> I like working that way but I don't know how people here work. So this is
> feedback from someone that never knew HC or SC prior to using RR.

I used both HC and SC before Rev and usually work in much the same was as
Andre describes. I occasionally do quite complex interfaces with multiples
views on a single card (hiding and showing interface groups) but when you're
dealing with a large number of controls that can be a pain to edit and
debug.

Terry...