Apples actual response to the Flash issue

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Sun May 2 19:20:09 EDT 2010

You can answer that question your self easly enough.  Close your eyes, imagine evolution doing what evolution does.  Where will complexity handling systems be in 10, 20, 100 years?  The whole notion of sitting down at a computer is hopelessly old-school.  The better question really is "what is it that systems want?  Any systems.  Humans are a system.  Is it the shovel we are after, or is it the ditch, is it water we want or the fruit it grows, is it the fruit or the energy we receive, is it the energy or is it the use we put that energy towards, what are these uses, what drives us towards them, where is it all headed?  Is any of this something that is best embodied in a spread sheet or a web page or a slide show?  aren't these notions simply the result of the limitations our imaginations place upon the future as a result of historical experience?  The real question becomes, what do you want out of life? What does life want?  What is life?  What will life be?