DataGrid Forms, checkboxes and Pull-Down buttons?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Mar 31 09:28:36 EDT 2010

On Mar 30, 2010, at 1:43 PM, John Patten wrote:

> I have been searching the list and found those same resources you
> describe. I'm closer, but still not quite getting the concept. I
> noticed that tutorial examples are using Table and not Form
> DataGrids.  I have been using the Form version of the DataGrid, are
> the examples you mention only workable when the DataGrid is a Table
> style?

Yes, the example will work with a form.

These are the steps you will go through when working with the data in
your data grid:

1) Assign data to data grid. Data grid stores internal array.

2) The FillInData handler in the row template inserts data from array
into UI controls.

3) User interacts with UI control (clicks on checkbox, makes selection
using option menu)

4) You store result of user interaction back in data grid array.

5) You ask the data grid for the value of the array using the
dgDataOfIndex/dgDataOfLine or GetDataOfIndex/GetDataOfLine.

At which point are you getting stuck?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems