Deleting Data Woefully Slow

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Mar 24 22:36:22 EDT 2010

Brian-

> "repeat for each" is asking the engine to find every line ending
> in the text which would necessarily take much longer and get worse
> with scale, no?

Yes and no. "Repeat for each line" just needs to move to the next
carriage return in the variable. I don't claim to be as smart as Scott
Raney, but if I were writing the routine I'd do a seek to the next cr,
then store the pointer for use in the next iteration. That way the
speed shouldn't be data-dependent.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net