[ANN] My first (iPhone) revlet is out in the cloud...

Rolf Kocherhans rolf.kocherhans at id.uzh.ch
Fri Mar 19 09:02:50 EDT 2010

I am pleased to announce that I have just released my first test revlet into the open :-).

http://mobile.kangaroo.on-rev.com/

Several weeks ago I started programming for the iPhone, like many I was waiting for the alpha of revMobile to arrive, which now has :-).

I thought I would make a revlet to test stuff I wanted to do, because I
guessed, if it works on the web, it would hopefully work on the iPhone as well.

Also, if I get ready now with all the graphics etc. I will
be much faster when revMobile is ready for prime time :-).

The revlet I made accesses the phonebook directory from the University where I work:

http://www.phonebook.uzh.ch/

I just parse the html returned from a query and display the info in a nicer way.

PLEASE NOTE !!!!!

- The revlet is only optimised for MacOSX (Fonts) it will work on
  Windows, but does NOT look very nice !

- Everything is in German !

- The search routine starts after the 4th letter you enter.

- On the person’s card, you can click onto the words "Bau or Raum" (Working place) which then
  downloads a picture of the location where the person works.

- Alternatively you can click onto the address which lets Google Maps search for the location.

- Nifty is the last feature, which lets you export the contact info directly INTO YOUR LOCAL Address Book !!!

This is my first revlet for the public ....

Do you like it ?

Cheers
Rolf