Confusing Errors

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 22:14:47 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Dan Friedman <dan at clearvisiontech.com> wrote:

> As you can see, it's the first [evaluated] line in the script.  If it matters, this is a modal dialog.  Also noteworthy, is that I can't repeat this error.  These reports are coming from users.  Also, they are coming from <1% of my users.  So for more than 99% of my clients, this isn't failing!

What Platform and OS are 99% of your users on, what Platform and OS
are <1% of your users on and what Platform and OS did you develop and
build your application on? Are there any other possible distinctions
between the 99 & 1, ie are the 99% all sole 'administrative' users of
their computers whilst the 1% are in a shared multi-user environment?

If your code works then it tends to imply that it's something about
the individual set-up.