reading and converting web page HTML text

Mark Stuart mfstuart at cox.net
Sat Mar 6 17:35:42 EST 2010

Hi François,

Thanx for your quick reply.
I added Sarah's script into my application and ran it.

The function halted with an error on ("), because it is not a number. I
think Sarah's function is looking for a number after the ampersand, correct?
So I'm handling the (") as an exception for now by using this script:

if theText contains """ then
   replace """ with quote in theText
end if

and then call the decodeEntities(theText) function.

I'm sure I'll come across other HTML text like this, but don't know how to
handle it really.

Merci,
Mark Stuart