popup command cross-platform

Jeffrey Massung massung at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 22:44:47 EST 2010

On Mar 4, 2010, at 7:11 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> All I can suggest is what I ended up having to do... make sure that the
> popup command was the last thing encountered in the mouseDown handler, and
> then have the menuPick of the btn being popped handle what happens when they
> release the mouse button. If you need to pass data between the button
> calling the popup command and the button being popped, you can use custom
> properties or globals, etc.

Ken,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly this doesn't work 100% because menuPick won't get called if no menu item is actually selected (i.e. the user clicks outside the popup and it goes away).

And yes, I agree on the mouseDown... which is what I have in my script, I just get so used to typing mouseUp... ;-)

Jeff M.