AW: OT: locking software to one specific machine?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Mar 4 12:52:46 EST 2010

All of Adobe's apps are tied to the computer processor #  AND check into
'headquarters' and were a PIA to re-install on CS3, especially if one had
run the demo version before. The main reason for CS4 was to try to fix
the-now cracked CS3 mess.   The Adobe solution was to recommend upgrading to
CS4.  Their best support dance for CS3 was to issue scary-looking shell
scripts that supposedly fixed things.

Shell scripts to users? Yikes.
Stephen Barncard
San Francisco