File Associations?

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 3 02:11:00 EST 2010

> From: cott Rossi
>
> I'm still trying to get Windows file associations on Vista worked out over
> here and am looking for suggestions.
>
> I've set up registry entries based on Ken Ray's tips:
> <http://tinyurl.com/yfmdsht> and everything appears to in place.  But
> documents created by my app continue to show up as generic icons.
> Double-clicking them brings up the "What program do you want to use to
> open...?" dialog and my app is listed there, but I can't get Vista to
> properly display the document icon contained in the standalone.

Works on my XP system, but I didn't use those function calls to set it up.
Instead, I manually created the association by right-clicking a file,
selecting Open With, and navigating to my program. You might try removing
all the keys you created with Regedit, manually create the association, and
then see what the OS put there, so that you can make your program do the
same thing.

As to your second question, I've never tried the splash/data paradigm, so I
can't help.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com