[OT] Mac PPC and USB2 ?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 13:34:01 EDT 2010

On 06/27/2010 07:19 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richmond-
>
> Sunday, June 27, 2010, 8:54:39 AM, you wrote:
>

>> A girlfriend once sent me a card from Saudi Arabia (1979) and I got it (in
>> England) 5 months later with stamps from South Korea; but the best has
>> to be a
>> letter somebody posted me from Applecross (on the west coast of Scotland)
>> to my house (at St Andrews on the east coast of Scotland) it arrived with
>> a Canadian postmarking!
>>
> My tale:
>
> Some years ago we were working in Mozambique. I had a birthday coming
> up and my parents, planning ahead, sent me a card a month ahead of
> time to ensure that it would arrive by the proper day. It did, and in
> fact arrived a couple of days early. But it had been rubber-stamped
> "missent to Manila". Now I can understand this: someone in a post
> office somewhere simply filed the envelope in a pigeonhole in the "M"
> section of the office and got "Manila" instead of "Maputo". I have no
> doubt that these are right next to each other in the office.
>
> What got to me, though, is that this happens often enough that someone
> in the Manila post office made a rubber stamp to handle the situation.

Well . . . let's hope that while your card from your Mum and Dad was
"missent to Manila", your youth was not "misspent in Maputo" . . .  :)

This is, of course, written by someone, who, at the tender age of 48,
is busy misspending his 'youth' in Bulgaria!

As an EFL teacher I think I ought to get "all huffy" about 'missent'
[as opposed to 'miss sent'] but I find it rather appealing.