revBrowser + youtube.com = Crashing?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jun 24 14:11:08 EDT 2010

Recently, Mike Bonner wrote:

> Can you revert to a system with a flash version prior to 10.1?  I just
> did some experimentation, it was working for me to go to
> www.youtube.com but after upgrading to 10.1 and restarting rev and my
> test stack, it now does a no log, no error, poof type of crash.

I can't use require using an old version because the stack is a commercial
app, distributed to folks who may or may not have the latest/greatest
version of Flash.  In fact, with all the attention given to Flash recently
in the press, it's quite likely that people will update to latest version
(in fact, a recent FireFox update on my Mac system just announced itself
with a giant "YOUR VERSION OF FLASH IS OUT OF DATE AND SHOULD BE UPDATED
NOW").

But the fact that the Flash version may cause the crash is an important
discovery.  Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design