Rev CGI and saving time of event in users time

jim sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Wed Jun 23 11:58:04 EDT 2010

I'm using a Rev CGI on my server. I am not using iRev, but the older Rev CGI.

When a user clicks, asking for a file, I want to save the time of that event using the users time. In other words, not the server's location time but what the user would see wherever they are.

Am I correct in thinking that the way to do this is to have a preference saved for the user telling me what his time is relative to UTC and then calculate using the time that would be indicated by the server (using a script on the server via the Rev CGI stack)?

sims