preOpenCard inside behaviors, does it works?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Jun 22 16:54:11 EDT 2010

Craig-

> No, as long as there is no preOpenCard handler in the card(s), the stack
> will get it, and then it will send it along to the button as per its (the
> stack's) behavior. Normal message hierarchy.

That would be nice. But I'm finding that it doesn't work that way. It
seems ok while the stack is still in memory after I've set the
behavior, but if I save a stack with the stack behavior set to a
button with a preOpenXXX or openXXX or all the above and then reload
it, the messages aren't caught by the behavior button. If I set the
card behavior to the button then the message *are* caught when the
stack reloads.

> On another note, I think the lack of behavior fields in the inspector is a
> missing feature, rather than a bug, no?

Yes, that's the way Trevor wrote up the report. And that's why it will
probably get pushed to the bottom of the to-do list.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net