How do you get the name of an open saved file in memory using message box?

charles61 cszasz at mac.com
Sun Jun 13 09:01:11 EDT 2010

Hi Sarah,

The situation is the same as the user who has created and saved a document but then decides to make a change to the document before creating a new document. The dialog is essentially a Save As Dialog where the user is asked whether to save the document with the same name or disregard the changes and close the document.

In my current dialog the user is given the standard save "untitled.txt" option. Instead, I would like the user to get a dialog that says Save the file "abc" or disregard the changes. Here "abc" is the name of the saved file before changes were made to the file.

> Hi Sarah,
>
> The situation is the same as the user who has created and saved a document but then decides to make a change to the document before creating a new document. The dialog is a reminder to the user to save the document before closing it with the same name or with a different name. In other words, it is a Save As Dialog that you would see if you were closing a document but have not saved some changes to the document.

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com