Shell Command with Sudo

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Fri Jun 11 06:59:59 EDT 2010

On Jun 11, 2010, at 12:35 PM, Justin Sloan wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to run a shell() command in revStudio in order to execute some terminal commands as the superuser on a Mac. An Ubuntu terminal will accept the superuser password using a pipe, such as "pass | sudo -S command", but Mac's terminal will not accept the password on the same line.
>
> Is there a way to run multiple commands from a single rev shell() call? Or, can I somehow followup a shell() call with the password?

I went to  http://www.mail-archive.com/use-revolution@lists.runrev.com/info.html
In the search field I put:    multiple shell commands os x

It returned a few items that might be of help for you, at least worth a try:

As an alternative solution, one could use multiple shell commands
separated by a semi-colon:

get shell("cd /etc/ ; ls")
atb,
sims