[OT] Mac PPC and USB2 ?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 15:46:41 EDT 2010

On 06/10/2010 05:31 PM, Luis wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> If you haven't sent it yet, I might be tempted to challenge your
> delivery... :) Let's see who gets there first!
>
> Let me think, what would Mr. Mathewson require...

"Mr Mathewson" has just bought a USB2 PCI card (10 Euros) and a fan (3
Euros) (he will remove
the internal speaker at the front of the g4 MDD and mount the fan just
there):

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/mdd_cooling_mods/MDD_cooling_mods2.html#storytop

he is currently trying to lay his hands on a PCI Slot Cooler fan to put
at the back (fan at front sucks in,
fan at back puffs out):

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/MDD_slot_cooler/mdd_slot_cooler.html#storytop

most of his problems probably come down to over-heating.

He will be removing a 750 GB and a 320 GB ATA disk from his G4 and move them
into Firewire enclosures (he has one and Andre Garzia is sending him
another).

He is also wondering about collecting a SCSI CD burner from his house in
Scotland and popping a disk inside that (as he has a SCSI PCI card on
the back of his G4)

He is also wondering about popping a fan directly on top of the heatsink:

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/mdd_cooling_mods/MDD_cooling_mods.html#storytop

He will be extremely grateful for any Firewire enclosures, PCI slot
coolers, and so on that anybody sees fit to
send him: if anybody wants to send him a Mac Pro he is not quite sure
whether he has sufficient gratefulness
in his reservoir to repay that sort of thing . . .  :)

As I know Mr Mathewson reasonably well I know that he intends to go
through with this plan
this coming Saturday and Sunday!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson (related).