Abysmal Sound on Windows?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Jun 5 01:17:00 EDT 2010

Recently, Colin Holgate wrote:

>> Thanks for the suggestions Colin but the stack I'm building is for public
>> use -- messing around with a QT control panel (if indeed there is one) won't
>> be a viable option.
>

> Might be worth trying anyway, so that you can tell people how to fix it.

For educational reasons, sure, but having a user change settings purely for
feedback purposes is asking a bit much.

> If
> that's what it turns out to be, I don't think there's anything you can do in
> your stack that could fix it. If it was Director, you could change to use
> another sound manager.

Sadly, I will also probably using Flash to play video in the stack, since
there doesn't seem to be any other good non-QT cross-platform video format.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design