Regarding Rodeo discussions

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 14:27:44 EDT 2010

When there are exciting developments in the Rev community, I like to
get the feel of the momentum and interest level.

Rodeo is most likely to be best understood by Rev programmers, and
where can you find them????
Not many places on the internet.

Further, I would say that very few on this list would know much about
this start-up since we would not op-in to the Rodeo forum/list.  Until
we know why and how many are interested, we would not bother to tune in.

In my case, I am interested in how the crew is getting along with
Rodeo, and I know how to filter the email list, reading only what I
want.  Because of the stream of interest by others, I signed up and
supported this effort.   I may never use Rodeo, but I am sure I will
learn a lot.

I think Rodeo is relevant to Revolution users.
Since the service will include 'transferring stacks' to web pages that
work the same way, this is another dimension to cross-platform.
Imagine students that are able to publish their stacks as a working
web page, not just a static 'print' document.

So now we are on the verge of compiling the same stack for Win, OSX,
Linux, Web.  Not a bad horizon.

I can see it for some of my client work, where they need to give
feedback but don't like installing apps/exe's

If "Rodeo" is in the title, just delete, just like the 'Mac vs PC'
threads, which are OK because we are tied to cross-platform work.

My two cents.
We have a rich, diverse community that is fun to support.
I don't feel that way about the Excel Developers List, or PHP, or
JQuery, etc

Jim Ault
Las Vegas