tRev and Win Vista

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Fri Jul 23 12:51:19 EDT 2010

A little background

The biggest reason we added a free trial to tRev was so Windows users could make certain tRev ran on their machine. At first we did not want to sell a Windows version of tRev, but were strongly encouraged to do so by the revSelect management. Understandable. Cross platform being part of the Rev credo. This is a "philosophy" for which I'm starting to develop a distaste, btw.

When we got tRev to run on Vista, we limited our support to just that platform. We did finally get it running on XP, Vista, 7. But then some machines irrespective of the Win OS, failed to communicate with Rev from tRev and vice versa after a couple script inspections. My attempts to fix this problem seem to have been choreographed by Charlie Chaplin.

But I am very stubborn and will find a way to get this to work on Windows. Much of what I have said here I have sent to a handful of users plagued by the problem of tRev and one or more machines that couldn't start up properly or communicate with Rev to inspect scripts.

I strongly recommend trial-ing tRev before buying it, if you are a Windows user.

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Join the Rodeo discussion:
http://rodeoapps.com/discuss-among-yourselves-0