[OT-Rodeo] Still waiting for the aha moment

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Wed Jul 21 18:03:25 EDT 2010

Hey, Pete!

Taking a look at our countdown to release list in this post may help some:

http://rodeoapps.com/limited-pre-release-offer

The a-ha will come in increments. The biggest one we are working on now is data. The ability to handle records--edit, delete, create, list, etc. it a big step toward app status. The wrapper around the app is not as important right now to us as having a quality delivery of data / content. But the wrappers are coming along on the target platforms.

I think it's pretty clear when you look at the schedule and our history, we're making progress and will continue to do so. We are discounting our prices heavily to encourage users to get their feet wet with the overall framework, syntax and workflow. We also use this to fund development. We are not using borrowed or venture capital money to do this.

On Jul 21, 2010, at 4:45 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> I downloaded Rodeo a couple of days ago and have spent a little time using Transfer and playing around with it.
>
> I guess I'm struggling with the definition of what an "app" is.  To me, an app is a fully functional program that provides an interface for the user to interact with, logic to manipulate user input, the ability to store and retrieve data, etc but all I see in Rodeo is a way to lay out web pages and perform a few basic actions, certainly no data retrieval/storage functionality. Do I have to learn another language to implement the logic and data storage behind the web pages?

No other language required, but look at the schedule I linked above and you'll see when data comes into play as well as other items of interest.