Personal suggestion for fixing the Linux situation

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 15:20:11 EDT 2010

The point is diagnostic.  If we knew the answer, there would be no need to do
this.  We need to find the lowest level at which the problems occur.  Or
don't occur.  At the moment, we have no idea if its Linux, Gnome, Ubuntu.
We have no idea if its the basic packages as they come from the developer,
or the distro tweaks.  I want to know exactly when the problems happen, and
when they do not.  I want to get to something completely stripped down,
where maybe they will not happen, and then add stuff in a controlled way
till they do.

Its not macho.  its called scientific method.  Anyone with a better idea,
tell us.  So far in year upon year, no-one seems to have.