Timer Pause script

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Mon Jul 12 09:23:10 EDT 2010

I made a stopwatch a while ago. Make a button and name it "start". Make
another button and name it "reset". Make a field and name it "timer".

In the script of button "start":

on mouseDown
    lock screen
    if the label of me = "start" then
       set the label of me to "stop"
       set the startingTime of me to the milliseconds
       replace "." with empty in fld "timer"   --temp
       set the oldTime of me to fld "timer"
       send "countUp" to me in 1 millisecond
    else
       set the label of me to "start"
    end if
end mouseDown

on countUp
    put (the milliseconds - the startingTime of me) + the oldTime of me
into   temp
    put "." before char   the number of chars of temp -2 of temp
    if the length   of temp <= 4 then put "0" & temp into fld "timer" else
put temp into fld "timer"

    if the label of btn "start" = "stop" then send "countUp" to me in 1
millisecond
end countUp

In the script of button "reset":

on mouseUp
    cancel item 1 of the last line of the pendingmessages
    set the label of btn "start" to "start"
    put "0" into fld "timer"
end mouseUp