Teetotal RunRev

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 11:53:00 EDT 2010

I have just upgraded WINE:

http://www.winehq.org/

to 1.2-rc7 on my main Lunux box (Ubuntu 10.04) and thought 'just for run'
I'd have a bash at running the Windows build of my Devawriter Pro Demo 3.30:

http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/dwriterpro.html

AND:

1. All images with any sort of blending go dark and horrible.

2. Fontsizes in text fields all stay a standard size and cannot be resized.

"Loadsa Rubbish".

Ah, Well, it was worth a try. Althought this result is not only relevant to
my stuff but to anybody who wants to run a Windows build under WINE.

Err . . . naive question number 67:

"Why would one want to try to run a RunRev Windows standalone
on Linux under WINE when there is a perfectly respectable way of
building Linux standalones that comes with RunRev?"

Because:

1. Richmond wondered whether that was a way round some of the persistent
     font problems with Linux builds.

2.  Linux standalones when compared with Mac and Windows standalone are
      not 'perfectly respectable'.