Rev Studio - How to determine the file location of the

Steve King st.king42 at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 4 14:22:21 EDT 2010

Hi Mark

I'm not sure I explained myself too well, but looks like this will work
either in the message box or in the stack itself I guess. What I meant was
knowing where the original stack file came from on my drive when I came to
save it again (outside the app). When using SaveAs, Rev displays the
Defaultfolder as set by the app not the original folder the file came from.
For example, if I open a file from EXCEL, then do a SaveAs I get the same
folder again. In Rev, if running the Stack changes the defaultFolder, then
SaveAs points to this folder as well. It wasn't clear to me in the docs that
the IDE folder pointers were also modified when testing an app in the IDE

This should do fine though,
Cheers

Mark Schonewille wrote:
// full path
put the effective filename of this stack into myPath

// parent folder
set the itemDel to slash
put item 1 to -2 of the effective filename of this stack into myFolder

You might also want to read in the dictionary about the defaultFolder
propery.

Message: 14