Problem with script working in IDE but not in Standalone studio 4

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 11:22:55 EDT 2010

Rather than ask you several questions about your design and scripting,
why not try this approach and see if the answer comes to light.

Save a copy of your stack as 'whateverTheName2.rev'
Add one field to the card (assuming your stack only has one card) and
name it "eventLog"
Add a line to each IF branch as follows:

> On CloseField
>      if the highlight of button "Nominal" of group "Dive_Plan" then
>      put fld "Depth" & "m" into fld "Image_Depth"
  put "1" && the short name of me & cr after fld eventLog

>      else
>      put fld "Depth_B"  & "m" into fld "Image_Depth"
  put "2" && the short name of me & cr after fld eventLog
> end if
> end CloseField

> on CloseField
>   if the highlight of button "Nominal" of group "Dive_Plan" then
>      put Nom_Stop & return into fld "Image_18m"
  put "3" && the short name of me & cr after fld eventLog
>      else
>      put Back_Stop  into fld "Image_18m"
  put "4" && the short name of me & cr after fld eventLog
> end if
> end CloseField

Now when you trigger the scripts you will know which ones fire, which
branch and in which order.
Try it in the development environment (IDE) and in the compiled app.

This could give you the clue you need.
Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas