DataGrid DragDrop vs DragMove

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jan 28 09:21:55 EST 2010

On Jan 27, 2010, at 7:59 PM, RevList wrote:

> On the field script I have this
>
> On DragDrop
>   if  line 1 of the dragData["private"] is "MyData" then
>      put line 2 of the dragData["private"] into me
>   end if
> end DragDrop
>
> The trouble with the above is that I do not want to allow reordering
> of
> the data and the visual clue that the UI shows when this is enabled
> so I
> comment out the line.
>   set the dgTrackDragReorder[theIndex] of me to true
> or set it to false.
>
> When I do that, the drag and drop no longer works.

You need to specify that the field can accept the drop. Try adding the
following code to the field script after commenting out the
dgTrackDragReorder code:

on dragEnter
     if  line 1 of the dragData["private"] is "MyData" then
         set the dragAction to "copy"
     end if
end dragEnter

on dragDrop
     put line 2 of the dragData["private"] into me
end dragDrop

Does that work?

--
Trevor DeVore