iPadding around?

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Thu Jan 28 08:21:12 EST 2010

Thank you Sarah,

This is just the beginning of a huge advantage for runrev developers.
Touch screens have been around for a long time but with no real
customer base. The size and features of the iPad and the exposure to
75 Million people is enticing enough for me. I have been writing my
first and second apps for the iPhone and am branching out to include
the iPad.

Compare: I wrote a free crossplatform app and marketed it  on the
internet and got 50 downloads over two years. I co-wrote a free iPhone/
iTouch/iPad app and didn't market it, instead we just put it on the
App store and got over 4,000 downloads in less than a year! ! !

This is by far a fantastic market for us developers and also for
runrev to pick up on technologies like touch events and to explore
portability issues.